Interventional Ultrasound A Practical Guide and Atlas
The first comprehensive, multi-specialty text on ultrasound guidance in interventional procedures, this book uses the authors’ extensive clinical experience to provide a full overview of modern interventional ultrasound. For all practitioners, whether new to the procedures or already using them, Interventional Ultrasound offers expert advice and solutions to commonly encountered questions and problems.
- Provides a complete approach to interventional ultrasound, beginning with essential basics on materials, equipment, setup requirements, informed consent issues, microbiologic aspects, and hygiene
- Covers specific, ultrasound-guided diagnostic and therapeutic interventions in the abdomen, thorax, urogenital tract, musculoskeletal system, thyroid and other sites, including indications, selection of materials and biopsy devices, preparation and detailed, hands-on techniques as well as management of complications
- Describes key recent advances, such as the use of ultrasound contrast agents in interventional procedures, adapting ultrasound transducers for endoscopic use in biopsies of the thorax and gastrointestinal tract, performing percutaneous biopsy aspiration and drainage with ultrasound, employing sonography in advanced ablative techniques and more
- Explores such cutting edge topics as symptom-oriented palliative care interventions, applications in critical care medicine and interventions in children
- Highlights, for the first time, the vital role of assisting personnel in interventional ultrasound procedures
Offering easy-to-follow instructions and nearly 600 high-quality illustrations, Interventional Ultrasound takes a practical, "cookbook" approach ideal for daily use in the hospital or clinic. It is an indispensable reference for interventional radiologists, gastroenterologists, internists, surgeons and other specialists who need to stay up-to-date on the newest technology and applications in this rapidly advancing field.
|Autor||Dietrich, Nuernberg, Dietrich|