Written by a multidisciplinary group of contributors, including radiologists, emergency physicians, critical care specialists, anesthesiologists, and surgeons, Fundamentals of Emergency Ultrasound is a first-of-its-kind reference that clearly explains the many technical nuances and diagnostic skills necessary for optimal use of ultrasound in emergency settings. This concise, easy-to-read resource covers both non-invasive and invasive ultrasound-guided procedures for a wide range of adult and pediatric trauma and non-trauma conditions. A practical emphasis on differential diagnosis helps facilitate rapid diagnosis, triage, and disposition decisions in emergency situations where ultrasound can be used.
- Provides a depth of understanding and interpretation from a multidisciplinary group of chapter authors, with step-by-step details on anatomy, equipment considerations, positioning, technique, normal and abnormal findings, and common pitfalls.
- Covers invasive procedures and ultrasound-guided injections such as thoracentesis, paracentesis, nerve blocks, and central and peripheral venous access.
- Includes correlative CT, MR, and Doppler images to enhance ultrasound visualization, in addition to more than 500+ high-quality ultrasound images and 75+ line drawings.
- Offers up-to-date coverage on the e-FAST, trans-thoracic and trans-esophageal echocardiography, pulmonary, and cranial sonography, among other emergency modalities.
- Features more than 150 ultrasound video clips that show the many nuances of ultrasound use.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By John P. McGahan, MD, Department of Radiology, University of California Davis Health System, Sacramento, California ; Michael A Schick, DO, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Director of Technology Enhanced Active Learning, UC Davis Health Systems, Sacramento, California and Lisa Mills, MD, Director of Ultrasound Imaging and Clinical Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, UC Davis Health Systems, Sacramento, California
|Format||235 x 191|
|Autor||John P. McGahan & Michael A Schick & Lisa Mills|
|Liczba ilustracji||Approx. 1200 illustrations (150 in full color)|