Part of the highly regarded Diagnostic Pathology series, this updated volume by Dr. Vania Nosé is a visually stunning, easy-to-use reference covering 125 of the most common endocrine pathology diagnoses. Outstanding images-more than 2,400 in all-make this an invaluable diagnostic aid for every practicing pathologist, resident, or fellow. This second edition incorporates the most recent clinical, pathological, histological, and molecular knowledge in the field to provide a comprehensive overview of all key issues relevant to today's practice.
- Essential knowledge in all areas of endocrine pathology, including thyroid, parathyroid, pituitary, adrenal, pancreas, skin, and inherited tumor syndromes
- Unsurpassed visual coverage with more than 2,400 carefully annotated clinical images, gross pathology, histology, and special and immunohistochemical stains that provide clinically and diagnostically important information on typical and variant disease features
- Designed to help you identify crucial elements of each diagnosis along with associated differential diagnoses and pitfalls to more quickly resolve problems during routine sign out of cases
- Time-saving reference features include bulleted text, a variety of test data tables, key facts in each chapter, annotated images, and an extensive index
New to this Edition
- Thoroughly updated content throughout, reflecting new WHO classifications for endocrine diseases, recently discovered and newly described endocrine disease entities and genetic causes, and treatment changes of endocrine diseases
- New coverage of encapsulated follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma (EFVPTC), with a new chapter on the new entity NIFTP, new genetic discoveries in the development of pheochromocytoma and paragangliomas, new names that demonstrate the differentiation of certain tumors, and new information on immunoglobulin G4-related disease (IgG4-RD) involving thyroid
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Vania Nosé, MD, PhD, Director of Anatomic and Molecular Pathology , Associate Chief of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital ; Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School , Boston, Massachusetts
|Format||276 x 216|
|Autor||Vania Nosé, MD, PhD|
|Liczba ilustracji||Approx. 1600 illustrations (1600 in full color)|