Diagnostic Breast Imaging Mammography, Sonography, MRI and Interventional Procedures
Encompassing the entire spectrum of breast imaging and diagnostics, this acclaimed text provides a systematic and pragmatic guide for all clinicians involved in diagnosing breast disease. The new third edition has been fully updated to include advances in mammography, ultrasound, breast MRI, percutaneous interventions, and emerging technologies, with pros and cons and evidence-based approaches throughout.
Special features of the third edition:
- Coverage of the field, with comprehensive sections on examination procedures and technical requirements; histologic, clinical, and radiologic appearance of a wide range of breast pathologies; results of international screening studies; and much more
- Nearly 1,200 clear radiographic images showing normal findings, benign and malignant disorders, and post-traumatic, post-surgical, and post-therapeutic changes to the breast
- Innovations in digital mammography, tomosynthesis, and computer assisted detection (CAD); new chapters on imaging of implants, lesions of uncertain malignant potential, developing technologies; and more
- A systematic, highly reproducible methodology for detection, diagnosis, and assessment of findings
- Easy-to-follow flowcharts for the diagnostic work-up of both typical and atypical cases
Written by world-renowned authorities with decades of clinical experience, this book provides a brilliant orientation to the multimodality diagnostic approach and therapeutic significance of breast imaging findings. It is an essential reference and board review for radiologists, residents and fellows, gynecologists, oncologists, surgeons, technologists, and any other interdisciplinary specialist working to improve outcomes in breast disease.
|Autor||Heywang-Koebrunner, Schreer, Schreer, Barter|