Auerbach's Wilderness Medicine, 2-Volume Set, 7th Edition
Now in its 7th edition, Auerbach's Wilderness Medicine continues to help you quickly and decisively manage medical emergencies encountered in any wilderness or other austere setting! World-renowned authority Dr. Paul Auerbach and 2 new associate editors have assembled a team of experts to offer proven, practical, visual guidance for effectively diagnosing and treating the full range of issues that can occur in situations where time and resources are scarce. Now in an exciting 2-volume set that includes convenient online access, this indispensable resource equips physicians, nurses, advanced practice providers, first responders, and rescuers with the essential knowledge and skills to effectively address and prevent injuries and illnesses - no matter where they happen!
New to this Edition
- Brand-new 2-volume format ensures all content is available in print and online to provide you easy access.
- Face any medical challenge in the wilderness with expert guidance from hundreds of outstanding world experts edited by Dr. Auerbach and 2 new associate editors, Drs.Tracy Cushing and N. Stuart Harris.
- New and expanded chapters with hundreds of new photos and illustrative drawings help increase your visual understanding of the material.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills you need with revised chapters providing expanded discussions of high-altitude medicine, improvisation, technical rescue, telemedicine, ultrasound, and wilderness medicine education.
- Ten new chapters cover Acute High-Altitude Medicine and Pathophysiology; High Altitude and Pre-Existing Medical Conditions; Cycles, Snowmobiles, and other Wilderness Conveyances; Medical Wilderness Adventure Races (MedWAR); Canyoneering and Canyon Medicine; Evidence-Based Wilderness Medicine; National Park Service Medicine; Genomics and Personalized Wilderness Medicine; Forestry; and Earth Sciences.
- 30+ Expert Consult online videos cover survival tips, procedural demonstrations, and detailed explanations of diseases and incidents.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Paul S. Auerbach, MD, MS, FACEP, FAWM, Redlich Family Professor of Surgery, Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California; Tracy A Cushing, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, Colorado and N. Stuart Harris, MD, MFA, FRCP Edin., Chief, Division of Wilderness Medicine; Fellowship Director, MGH Wilderness Medicine Fellowship, Department of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Milton, Massachusetts; Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
|Format||276 x 216|
|Autor||Paul S. Auerbach, MD, MS, FACEP, FAWM, Tracy A Cushing, MD, MPH and N. Stuart Harris, MD, MFA, FRCP Edin|
|Liczba ilustracji||Approx. 3382 illustrations (3169 in full color)|