PUBLICATION AVAILABLE FROM JUNE 2020
Clinical Chemistry considers what happens to the body's chemistry when affected by disease. It provides introductory coverage of the scientific basis for biochemistry tests routinely used in medicine - including tests for the assessment of organ function, diagnosis and monitoring disease activity and therapy efficacy. Each topic area begins with a concise description of the underlying physiological and biochemical principles and then applies them to patient investigation and management. The regular use of case histories helps further emphasise clinical relevance and chapter key points, as well as provide a useful starting point for examination revision.
The clear and engaging writing style appreciated by generations of readers has been retained in this latest (ninth) edition, while the content has been thoroughly updated throughout. The approach and scope of this trusted text makes it ideal for integrated medical curricula, for medical training and for students and practitioners of clinical and biomedical science.
The complementary eBook version (with the printed book), including additional cases and self-assessment material, completes this superb learning package.
- Updated to incorporate the latest changes in practice - including new tests and the most recent evidence-based guidance
- 'Light bulb' sections give practical advice and clarify difficult concepts or potential pitfalls
- New 'Red flag' boxes highlight the results which should cause immediate concern to clinicians
- Updated references to core guidelines reflect latest best practice
- (Print) includes complete, downloadable eBook on Student Consult
- Also BONUS materials - interactive clinical cases and MCQs - to reinforce interpretive skills, check understanding and aid exam preparation
By William J. Marshall, MA, PhD, MSc, MBBS, FRCP, FRCPath, FRCPEdin, FRSB, FRSC, Emeritus Reader in Clinical Biochemistry, Kings College London, London, UK; formerly Consultant Clinical Biochemist and Clinical Director of Pathology, The London Clinic, London, UK.; Márta Lapsley, MB BCh BAO, MD, FRCPath , Consultant Chemical Pathologist, Epsom and St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust, Epsom, Surrey, UK ; Andrew Day, MA MSc MBBS FRCPath , Consultant in Clinical Biochemistry and Metabolic Medicine, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, UK and Kate Shipman
|Format||235 x 191|
|Autor||William J. Marshall, MA, PhD, MSc, MBBS, FRCP, FRCPath, FRCPEdin, FRSB, FRSC|
|Liczba ilustracji||Approx. 320 illustrations (285 in full color)|