Atlas of Procedures in Neonatology, Fifth Edition
Neonatal intensive care demands sound decision-making and rapid responses. By blending the illustrative power of an atlas with detailed, stepwise procedural descriptions, this practical resource covers a range of technique-specific interventions and prepares you for the challenges of the neonatal intensive care nursery.
Speed response time, prevent errors, and improve outcomes for your youngest patients!
• Expert guidance from noted experts highlights each step of each procedure, helping to minimize errors and promote safe practice standards.
• Three animations offer stepwise visual guidance on exchange transfusion, emergency evacuation of air leaks, and endotracheal intubation.
• Over 150 color photographs clarify important principles, problems, and complications.
• Video clips address both common neonatal care procedures, such as umbilical line placement, PICC placement, and endotracheal intubation, and vital emergency procedures such as exchange transfusion and cardiac paracentesis infrequently performed.
NEW to the Fifth Edition…
• New chapters keep you current with the latest developments in Brain and Whole Body Cooling, Bubble CPAP, and Educational Principles of Simulation Based Procedure Training.
• Expanded video collection includes lumbar puncture, radial artery puncture, intraosseous infusion, bubble CPAP, and pericardiocentesis.
• Online companion website lets you access fully searchable text, image bank, and videos anytime, anywhere.
|Format||7011 x 5411 mm|
|Autor||Mhairi G. MacDonald, Jayashree Ramasethu and Khodayar Rais-Bahrami|